Arizona Car Accident Facts: 2008
If you drive on the freeways in Arizona, the truth of the matter is that you are at risk of being involved in a car accident.
Car accidents are common occurrences across the Valley of the Sun. There are many hazards on the road, which can be seen just by looking around you. Drivers are talking and texting on their cell phones, tired truckers are hauling heavy loads and there always seems to be some form of road construction. Photo radar cameras have been installed throughout the valley, but many motorists are still speeding and causing countless car accidents.
In 2008 alone, there were 119,588 car accidents. Of those collisions, 842 were fatal and 37,180 resulted in injuries. Last year there were 3,531 motorcycle accidents throughout the state. Some of the other alarming facts included in the report are as follows:
- 6,757 car accidents were alcohol-related
- 937 people were killed in traffic accidents
- 56,009 people were injured in crashes
- 2.57 people were killed each day
- 153.34 people were injured daily
- 33 children under the age of 14 died in collisions
- February was the peak month for all accidents
- March was the peak month for all fatal crashes
- The most common driver violation was speeding too fast for conditions
These statistics just reinforce the importance of defensive driving. However, many accidents are out of our control. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer, an experienced Mesa car accident attorney today at 480-999-0646 for answers to your legal questions. He represents accident cases throughout Maricopa County, including Gilbert, Chandler, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Anthem, Glendale, El Mirage, Tolleson, Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City, and Buckeye.